“By word and deed, through the care we give, we touch the lives of our students. We make a difference—leading and inspiring our students to believe in themselves and to be the best they can be.
As individuals and as a community of professionals, we seek continually to deepen our expertise. Respectful of fellow educators, we collaborate to build a strong fraternity, taking pride in our work and profession.
We forge trusting partnerships with families and the community for the growth and well-being of each student.
We Lead, Care, Inspire,
For the Future of the Nation Passes through Our Hands.”
A Vision for the Teaching Service
I look forward to Daniel Pink’s upcoming book this December
Today I tried Dimdim to host a mini web conference with a few students for the first time. We had a lot of fun messing around with the functions. Haha.
- It’s free!
- It does not require any software download and installation.
- It allows 20 concurrent users.
- It has a few presentations modes – Whiteboard, Computer screen, PowerPoint and Webpage.
- It is fast and does not lag.
- I am still learning some features, particularly the audio and visual controls. Can be a little tricky.
- Nothing at the moment!
I strongly recommend all educators to try Dimdim with their students and fellow teachers for web conferencing, home-based learning and hosting of webinars. Although it may seems like a poor man’s Elluminate, it certainly exceed all my expectations.