I’m working out a series of Web 2.o tools training sessions for teachers and pupils next year. Right now I’m mapping the following IT applications (mostly Microsoft products) to Web 2.0 equivalents. The learning outcome will be students learning both Microsoft skills and Web 2.0 tools.
I have listed some of my ideas.
- Keyboarding and Word processing = Blogging and Wiki
- Microsoft PowerPoint = Google Docs (Presentation)
- Microsoft Excel = Google Docs (Spreadsheets and Forms)
- Microsoft Movie Maker (Slideshow) = Animoto
- Microsoft Movie Maker (Video) = ???
- Audacity = VoiceThread?
Any recommendations? Thanks!
An amazing video produced by Microsoft. It was the opening video of the the 5th Microsoft Partners In Learning Regional Innovative Teachers’ Conference 2009 (the conference I attended )
The message: Do not be a passive observer. Be an agent of change.
Impressive huh? 10 years later