Just discovered a great writing tool, Tikatok. Strange name but cool idea.
Tikatok is a free creative community for kids under 13 where they can write, illustrate, and share their original stories, and have them printed out into real hardcover and paperback books. It was developed by two mothers to encourage the imagination and creativity of their children and children everywhere.
How it works
These are some of the ways Tikatok helps children unleash their creativity:
- Kick-start the imagination – Explore a fun collection of interactive story templates called StorySparks™.
- Build a book – Easily save your words and drawings with a book editor that opens right in the website. No extra software to download or install!
- Get social – Safely add friends, share favorites, and collaborate with other kids.
- Show off – See your books on the front page, email them to friends, send them to Tikatok book clubs, and even put them on your blog.
- Get real – Order any book as a real hardcover or paperback, even single copies! Now you’re a published author.
One lesser known but key feature: It supports Chinese characters! Hurray! 😀