Today I tried Dimdim to host a mini web conference with a few students for the first time. We had a lot of fun messing around with the functions. Haha.
- It’s free!
- It does not require any software download and installation.
- It allows 20 concurrent users.
- It has a few presentations modes – Whiteboard, Computer screen, PowerPoint and Webpage.
- It is fast and does not lag.
- I am still learning some features, particularly the audio and visual controls. Can be a little tricky.
- Nothing at the moment!
I strongly recommend all educators to try Dimdim with their students and fellow teachers for web conferencing, home-based learning and hosting of webinars. Although it may seems like a poor man’s Elluminate, it certainly exceed all my expectations.